Thursday, June 2, 2011

Door number 2 in city number 2

I had a perfect weekend in Columbus, I did everything that I love to do: run in Sharron Woods, get my butt kicked at the gym, go for coffee, eat yummy food at a local restaurant, go out downtown and shake it, take the puppys to the dog park, have a girls day, and see everyone that meant so much to me there. For some this might not seem like a great vacation, but it ranks in my top 5!

It has been a tough year for a lot of my friends in their professional and personal lives. It was wonderful to hear the tides have been turning and things are looking up. I hope this means that the rest of the world will start to do the same.

I found closure this past weekend, in four years you can make a lot of friends and have a few relationships but when you leave quickly it sometimes makes you wonder "what if?"  I think karma allowed me to figure that out and in the end I got to close a door on a few unanswered questions.  There is something to be said about moving on, letting go, and putting the past to rest.

Columbus will always be a special place in my heart, but I don't think I'm headed back there in the future...I feel the West Coast calling next.



No comments:

Post a Comment