Monday, January 16, 2012

Random Weekend Adventures

Milwaukee Public Market-
Coffee and Spices
Over this past year I have had some great "random adventures" to Milwaukee due to my friends amazing radar (research).  I figured I shouldn't be the only one to have all of the fun so I'm sending them out to the Blogosphere where hopefully you will enjoy them too!

Jackalope lounj-
Bloody Marys and a game
This weekends adventure started out at the Public Market. I wanted to get out of our little town and it's one of my favorite places to go and walk around. I grabbed a coffee and some new spices while I was there. Then not ready to go home we walked around the Third Ward. I checked out a few of the girly stores Broadway Paper and Anthropologie and them we headed over to Jackalope lounj (yes that is how it is spelled) to watch the game and drank a bloody Mary that was a meal in itself. It's inside Wicked Hop with really cool artwork. Needless to say and man can get his jewels back in this place. Our type of adventure could not be complete without a hole in the wall bar.  Heading back south we ran into Franky's Newport Lounge. Make sure you say hi and ask the owner to tell you the story about the mural on the wall. By the way you will be shocked at the amount on your bill.  You could stay here all day and be just fine. From the padding on the bar to the atmosphere, this was a great little place to find.
Franky's Newport Lounge- inexpensive
drinks and a great crowd for a Saturday afternoon
G Groppi Food Market-
Craft Beer in the back
We were already in the Bayview area and there was a market my friend wanted to check out. Needless to say, we left a few hours later. The food selection is great, but the gem is through the door in the back that opens up into their meat counter, beer, wine and bar area.  The bartender knew his brews and my wallet was much lighter then when I walked in the door. On Saturday they do tastings from 2-4. G Groppi Food Market might have me cheating on my local Italian market....

I hope you enjoyed my little adventure through the Historic Third Ward and Bayview!

No comments:

Post a Comment