Monday, May 9, 2011

Bridget, you are mocking me

Bridget Jones, you seem to be mocking my life at the moment. While I love you and the movie it's a little to close to home.
I've had the flirtatious office romance that looks so promising with the cute Mr. Cleaver...
I've had the I will always be a little bit fat moment, and they like my wobbly bits
I've had the cooking moment in the kitchen with Mr. Darcy....it really is sweet
I've had the moment, minus the fight scene and one of my favorite lines in the movie, where if they can't make it with me they can't make it with anyone

DANIEL: Uhh.
                Let's go back upstairs.
                Come on.
                We belong together,Jones.
                Me,you.
                Poor little skirt.
                Right.
                If I can't make it with you...
                I can't make it with anyone. 
Um...
                That's not a good enough offer for me.
                I'm not willing to gamble my whole life...
                on someone who's...
                well, not quite sure.
                It's like you said.
                I'm still looking for something...
                more extraordinary than that.

I think I have had this moment too with Mr. Darcy
BRIDGET:I just have something that I want to say.
                Um...
                You once said that you liked me just as I am...
                and I just wanted to say... likewise.
                I mean...
                there are stupid things your mum buys you.
                Tonight's another classic.
                You're haughty, and you always say the wrong thing...
                in every situation.
                And I seriously believe thatyou should...
                rethink the length of your sideburns.
                But you're a nice man...
                and...
                I like you.
                So if you wanted to pop by sometime...
                that might be nice.
                More than nice.

I'm worried that I might repeat the second movie as well. Staying far way from trips that involve islands...

No comments:

Post a Comment