Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Positive responses to life


Every turn has a positive spin, weather it's the books I'm reading, the songs I'm listening too or the lectures I have attended; the universe does not want me to miss out on the moment of being positive therefore.... I will  be filling a person's bucket and making sure the interactions I have are meaningful.  Studying Appreciative Inquiry I'm  molding my words and outlook for success and strength in future programs and experiences. The last tid bit is songs from Rent have kept me going all week. I'm remembering the good times and moments that made up the past few years and who I am.
I'm going to leave you with a quote from class today:

"There is no power greater than a community discovering
What it cares about

Ask "What's possible?" not "What's wrong?" Keep asking.

Notice what you care about.
Assume that many others share your dreams.

Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters.
Talk to people you know.
Talk to people you don't know.
Talk to people you never talk to.

Be intrigued by the differences you hear.
Expect to be surprised.
Treasure curiosity more than certainty.

Invite in everybody who cares to work on what's possible.
Acknowledge that everyone is an expert about something.
Know that creative solutions come from new connections.

Remember, you don't fear people whose story you know.
Real listening always brings people closer together.

Trust that meaningful conversations can change your world.

Rely on human goodness. Stay together.

-Turning to one another (2002) p. 144


Life is always changing, but our view can determine it's happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment