Sunday, August 19, 2012

Where it will stop, no one knows

Fall means change and I have felt my world spinning for awhile now.  It was spinning so fast sometimes I felt sick and confused. I was in the Willie Wonka movie on the ride...where it was going to stop no one knows.    Over the past few weeks a lot of change has taken place and it's been for the best.  Where most people spend their early twenties searching for themselves, I have been a late bloomer and it's my early thirties where I have had to find myself.  Over the summer the fun games of dating have grown old and boring.  I met some great guys, but I'm not trying to work hard at something thats not going to mean anything in a few months.  I have grown up a bit, become selective, and realistic.  I have enjoyed a summer of fun filled with friends, family and road trips.  I have started to actually talk things out with people instead of bottling it all in. It has felt good to open up and share in friends lives. I have also come to accept those who will never change, while it hurts, it is freeing to know that I can recognize bad patters and toxic relationships. I have worked on my leap year list. I finally got the real bed I had been pinning on Pinterest for the last year, and now I have rented a house! I think I have had my first glimpse into feeling like an adult....it's about time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment